[windows2000] Resizing partitions

  • From: "Dan Hutchison" <hutchison@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <windows2000@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 13 Aug 2003 14:03:13 -0400

Afternoon everyone,

I've got problem in the foreseeable future, which I'm trying to plan for
to head off.

The company I now work for has a Windows 2000 Server (sp3).  Its running
on a PC with 2 34GB SCSI drives, which are mirrored.  The drive(s) is
set up as a dynamic disk, with 2 volumes.  One has the OS, the other is
all data.  Reasonable way to set things up.  Only problem is that
whoever created the volumes didn't leave enough room for growth on the
OS volume.  My system volume has a 1.95 GB partition with 452MB free.
The other volume has 17GB free.

Naturally I'm looking for a safe way to resize both partitions - giving
more room to the system partition.  Any good recommendations?  Problems
people have encountered in the past with this?

Dan Hutchison
IT Administrator
Quality Life Services
hutchison@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx