[windows2000] Re: Removing unneeded files off of the C drive

  • From: "Chris Berry" <compjma@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: windows2000@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 25 Aug 2003 13:17:46 -0700

From: "Costanzo, Ray" <rcostanzo@xxxxxxxxxxx>
I prefer the top-posting.  I understand that it doesn't seem to make
sense, but I disagree with that.  If this were a message board where a
conversation really is all one thread, top posting would be dumb.  But
on an e-mail list, I believe most people typically read the first
message, then the next, then the next, and so on.  So, IMO, it makes
more sense to top-post.  Same goes in usenet.  But I do know that the
"standards" say otherwise.  This is one of those cases where I am right
and everyone else is wrong though.  ;P

Ray at work

I don't like it because it encourages people not to trim, and you end up with huge messages. I was on the fatcity oracle list for a while and they did this, made the list nearly unuseable. I don't know about you, but I read from top to bottom, left to right. If I see a response first and then the question it's just confusing. If an email is more than a page I usually just hit the delete key, I'm not supposed to have to spend my time digging through the whole thread just to find your one line reply.

Chris Berry
compjma@xxxxxxxxxxx
Systems Administrator
JM Associates

"Conciousness: that annoying time between naps."

Get MSN 8 and enjoy automatic e-mail virus protection. http://join.msn.com/?page=features/virus