[windows2000] Re: Remote mmc?

  • From: "Ray Costanzo" <ray@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <windows2000@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 1 Apr 2008 08:32:54 -0400

Services have a display name and then their real name.  It seems like
net.exe is fine with either one.  Like, I think that the service that we all
know and love and call the server service has an actual internal name of
lanmanserver, which should make the older folks on this list think of
simpler times that have past.  :)

You can see the real service name in services.msc if you look at the
properties.  Just look once and memorize it.  I guess in this case, the real
service name is popfile.  Nice guess.  :]