[windows2000] RDP not working after a reboot

  • From: "Dennis Appelboom" <Dennis.Appelboom@xxxxx>
  • To: <windows2000@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 18 Jan 2008 11:27:32 +0100

Hi Guys,

Ones in every 6-10 weeks, I have a maintenance weekend were I update all
windows server on our datacenter.

This involved about 70 machines, mostly Win2k3 standard and web edition
and some left over win2k servers.

I always connect through RDP and install the latest patches manually
with the help of WSUS.

Rebooting the systems always goes fine, but one in every 10 servers does
not allow RDP sessions after a reboot.... Even though all services are
started and everything seems to work just fine.... The only sollution to
this problem until now is a second reboot... Luckily, we use HP servers
with ILO and Dell servers with DRAC, so I can always use that to reboot
the system, but it is very annoying.

I have been searching the internet and see a lot of simular problems but
no sollutions yet... Mostly, people think it is related to SP1 or
installing patches....

I wonder if there is a known fix for this problem, or a dirty
workaround....

It would be great if I could resolve the problem without rebooting....

Regards,

Dennis Appelboom

XB

Op dit e-mailbericht is een disclaimer van toepassing, welke te vinden is op
http://www.xb.nl/disclaimer.html