[windows2000] Re: Programs Menu

  • From: "Sullivan, Glenn" <GSullivan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'windows2000@xxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <windows2000@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 12 May 2003 11:54:25 -0400

I realize this.

What I didn't realize is, if you sorted the folder in Explorer, it would
sort in the Start Menu.

I still haven't tested, but I just want to verify:

If I have two separate Programs folders (as you mentioned) and I install a
new program, it currently shows up at the bottom of the whole start menu.

If I do what you suggested, when I install a new program, it will sort
together with the other programs from that scope (i.e., either with all the
rest of the "All Users" programs, or with the rest of the "my" programs)?

If I seem incredulous, it is because I thought that there was not that kind
of link between Explorer and the Start Menu...

Glenn Sullivan, MCSE+I  MCDBA
David Clark Company Inc.