[windows2000] Profiles

  • From: Bill Beckett <Bill.Beckett@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'windows2000@xxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <windows2000@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 1 Apr 2004 09:58:36 -0500

Question regarding admins and profiles. Running Windows 2000 in a new 2K
domain. A 2000 server which is a part of the domain serves as a file server.
The file server is where user profiles (roaming) are stored. Under the
domain GPO there is an option under Computer Config - Admin Templates -
System - Logon called "Add the administrators security group to roaming user
profiles." Now my understanding of this was that it is there so that the
Domain Admins group can access all roaming profiles where they are stored
including sub-folders. With this enabled, I am still unable to access
roaming profiles. Am I mis-understanding it's use? The account I am using is
part of the Domain admins group and there are no other GPO's or filters
blocking the domain GPO.