[windows2000] Problem with large emails in Exchange 2003

  • From: windows2000.freelists.store@xxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: windows2000@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 14 Nov 2004 15:13:09 +0000

Morning all,

I have just completed a server move from Exchange 5.5 to Exchange 2003.

I used EXMerge to move across the individual mailboxes, and I used Outlook 2003 to export the Public Folders to a .pst file, and I am now in the process of copying these back into the Exchange 2003 servers public folders.

Its all going fairly well, although I have hit upon a small snag.

While moving the documents back into the Public Folders I noticed that some items did not move across. These are all emails with rather large attachments (over 20 MB). If I try to drag-and-drop them into the public folder Outlook has a think for a few moments and then gives me the following message:- "Cannot complete the move. The items may have been already moved or deleted"

I then tried forwarding myself the old email message. When I clicked on Send Outlook just said "The operation failed" . If I delete the attachment the message is delivered just fine.

I have checked on the set-up of Exchange 2003 and I have not set any restriction on email size either sending or receiving.

Can anyone help at all?

Regards,

Rob Sharp