[windows2000] Printing from TS and Windows 2003 Server

  • From: "Rod Falanga" <rfalanga@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <WINDOWS2000@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 12 Aug 2003 07:52:21 -0600

I recently asked on this list about the maximum number of printer drivers my
terminal server could handle, before becoming unstable.  The answer I was
given, as a general rule of thumb, was roughly "2 pages".  At this point I have
about a page.

Well, it appears to me as though I am getting more and more requests for new
printers.  This leads me to ask 2 questions:

1) How do I determine what printer drivers I can substitute for another? (I
believe that I can put them into something like a NTPRINT.??? file, but am not
sure of this.)

2) Does Windows 2003 server with Terminal Services handle this any better?

Rod Falanga
http://amci.unm.edu