[windows2000] Opening Shortcut problem

  • From: "Steven Taylor" <STaylor@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <windows2000@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 22 Jun 2004 11:38:38 +0100

Hi There

Not sure if this the best list to ask or not but here goes.
I have some Windows XP clients that are trying to run shortcuts which is given
to the users via a group policy.
Some shortcuts work fine but a couple always pop up with a "File Download"
warning informing that "Some files can harm your computer ....
This type of file could harm your computer if it contains malicious code." Then
when you click open the program opens and runs without any problems.
The same shortcuts work fine for our Windows 2000 clients. Both 2000 and XP
client get the same group policy from W2K Active Directory.

I really need to prevent the warning from popping up.
Has anyone seen this or got any ideas?

Thanks in advance.

Stephen