[windows2000] OT: Wireless broadband router

  • From: "M. Mahnkey" <mm242@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: windows2000@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 10 Jul 2004 07:43:56 -0700

I bought a Belkin, who I have had good luck with before.

When I hook my desktop up directly with cable to my Cisco 678, I get great
speeds.  If I go through the wireless router, my speed drops by 1/3.  I know
the more connections and equipment a signal passes through, you will have some
speed drop-off, but 1/3 loss seems excessive.

The nice Belkin tech support folks say this is "normal".  I say bull.  What do
you say?  Did I just get an overworked Indian, who was up all night, and just
wanted to go home at the end of his shift last evening????

Mark