[windows2000] OT: Office XP documents revert to original contents

  • From: Chris Coleman <Chris.Coleman@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'windows2000@xxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <windows2000@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 24 Sep 2002 14:35:00 +0930

G'day,

I'm hoping that someone else has seen this, or better still has some
suggestions for fixing it...

A couple of our customers using Office XP (SP1) have been working on large
documents, saving them regularly to their server, then come back the
following day and find that none of the changes have actually been saved.
It's like the document wasn't ever edited. The problem only seems to occur
very occasionally, so trying to repeat it is difficult.

At first I thought that it was just user error, but it's happened to several
users at a couple of customer sites over the last couple of weeks, with both
Excel and Word documents. I've checked Technet and the Office XP SP2 release
notes and found nothing related.

...Chris

NOTICE !!!!!

This e-mail message is privileged and confidential and is intended only for the
use of the addressee.
If you are not the intended recipient:

confidentiality and privilege is not waived;
please contact us immediately to advise of receipt by you; and
you are not to read, disseminate, copy or take any action in respect to the
contents of this e-mail.

Any views or opinions presented are solely those of the author, except where it
is specifically stated by the sender to be views of Connected Solutions Group.

This e-mail has been scanned, logged and cleared by Mail Marshal