[windows2000] OT: Linksys wireless Access Point

  • From: "Chris Ruggeri" <cruggeri@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <windows2000@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 24 Sep 2003 16:40:22 -0600

Hi group,

we just got a linksys dual band wireless access point. After reading the 3pg
pamphlet that came with it to configure, I went ahead and did so...w/out
issue...was able to connect to it with a wireless card as well. The
connection seemed to drop periodically for no apparent reason and I was
unable to connect to our DC. I had configured encryption and was going to
try recofiguring w/out encryption just to troubleshoot the problem and found
I could no longer connect to the device. After Scanning the website,
attempting to reset multiple times, I called their tech support. After
working with this individual for awhile, he told me to send it back and get
the model that is not dual band........so my question.....I was hoping to go
with a dual band ...are their known issues with dual band as this tech led
me to believe?......I always thought linksys was pretty
dependable....recommendations out here?.......thanks in advance!

Chris