[windows2000] OT: Layout of a Comms Cabinet

  • From: "Steve Rance" <Steve.Rance@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 15 Jul 2004 10:30:08 +0100

Hi Guys,

Have to design the internal layout of a new comms cabinet for our new office.

There are a total of 155 cat5e ports, that will be serving 60 phone lines with
the rest being data.

The following has been ordered, any advise or tip on the best configuration
within the cabinet to provide a clean and tidy solution.

QTY     Description
1       47u cabinet
3       48 way Distribution Panel
1       24 way Distribution Panel
3       24 port switches
1       1U Sonicwall Firewall
1       1U Cisco Router
1       Cisco Router (800 Series) (not rack mountable)
1       48 way Voice Panel
1       24 way Voice Panel
1       10 way PDU
60      1 metre patch cable (voice)