[windows2000] Number of DHCP servers?

  • From: Craig Gauss <GauCra@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'windows2000@xxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <windows2000@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 8 Sep 2003 14:25:58 -0500

We are looking at implementing DHCP here very soon along with our AD
rollout.  We have tested the critical apps and they run fine on DHCP.  What
I am trying to figure out is how many servers to setup.  I will have one for
sure out at our remote clinc, to save on all the traffic back and forth from
DHCP.

At our main hospital I am sort of lost.  I would like to setup two just to
have a little redundancy there.   I just dont know how to split the scope
over 3 different servers.  I know it is best practice to setup two servers
and use 80/20 for the scope, but what about if you throw another server into
the mix.

Thanks,
Craig Gauss
A+, MCSE on NT 4.0