[windows2000] Re: Norton

  • From: "Tasita Ebacher" <tebacher@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <windows2000@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 27 Jul 2004 12:44:57 -0500

We upgraded to Norton Corp edition 9 right when it came out; I think we had
8 before. We don't use the Norton server, just install it locally on our
PCs.  But, one problem we had with it was with Outlook 2003.  If you install
the "Email protection" with Outlook 2003, you will get errors.  I found that
to just not install the email protection was the best way around it, and you
aren't really missing anything, the real-time scanning will protect you
against email viruses just as well.  I decided to just not install the email
protection on any of the PC's in the office.

Otherwise, 9 didn't have any problems.  I never had problems with the older
versions, and this one seems pretty much the same.

Tasita Ebacher
702 Communications
Data Systems Engineer
CCNA