[windows2000] Re: Need a script/group policy to add user to a local group on machines that are in active directory.

  • From: "Sullivan, Glenn" <GSullivan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <windows2000@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 16 Feb 2007 09:46:22 -0500

A couple ways...

From the command line:
        NET LOCALGROUP groupname /ADD username

From GPO:
        Computer Configuration->Windows Settings->Security
Settings->Restricted Groups

From .VBS:
        On Error Resume Next
        strComputer = "computername"
        strLocalUsername = "lastname, firstname"
        Set objGroup = GetObject("WinNT://" & strComputer &
"/Administrators,group")
        Set objUser = GetObject("WinNT://" & strLocalUsername)
        objGroup.Add(objUser.ADsPath)

HTH,

Glenn Sullivan, MCSE+I MCDBA
David Clark Company Inc.