[windows2000] Re: NTP Server

  • From: "Sorin Srbu" <Sorin.Srbu@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "windows2000@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <windows2000@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 05 May 2004 18:48:56 +0200

On Wed, 5 May 2004 11:11:53 -0400, Berger, Gunnar wrote:

>Okay that is a dumb question, NTP Server is standard in Windows 2000.  I guess
>how can I check if it is working from a different machine, or router.

Try

net time \\computernameyouwanttocheck /querysntp

I've just been setting and checking the time settings after having
windowsupdate tell me it won't update, because the computers have a
time and date out of synch (they don't...). Go figure...

Anyway. I have a simple script that sets my primary DC to synch the
time with the forrest master DC (or whatever it's called), and then
to set the clients and the other servers to synch with my primary
DC.

Mail me privately if you want it. The script is in no way
particularly complex.

BW,

Sorin

# Sorin Srbu, Systems Engineer          Web: http://www.farmfak.uu.se/organisk/
# Dept of Medicinal Chemistry,          Phone: +46 (0)18-4714482 >> 5 signals
>> GSM
# Div of Org Pharm Chem,                        Mobile Phone: +46 (0)701-718023
# BMC, Box 574, Uppsala University              Fax: +46 (0)18-4714474
# SE-751 23 Uppsala, Sweden             Visit: BMC, Husargatan 3, D5:512b
#
# Public PGP key available on request.
#
# ()  ascii ribbon campaign - against html e-mail
# /\
#
# Harmless tagline follows:
#
# If it ain't broken, don't fix it, unless you feel lucky!