[windows2000] Multiple Inbound Connections

  • From: "Sullivan, Glenn" <GSullivan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <windows2000@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 20 Jul 2004 08:32:09 -0400

Never having done this, I am looking for some advice:

We are going to be shaving a few channels off of out backup voice T1 to
use as a backup internet connection through a different ISP.

I know how I can set up DNS records so that my mail and VPN traffic will
flow inbound over that connection as necessary, but I am looking for
something that I can use as an outbound load balancer...

Something that I could attach to both data lines from the two T1's, and
would intelligently direct outbound traffic based on usage of each line.

Does such an animal exist?

If it helps, I am also in the market for a new border firewall, so I
could replace all in one... Now that I think about it, I bet ISA2004
could handle it.  Maybe I'll ask the Shinders too...

TIA for any advice,

Glenn Sullivan, MCSE+I  MCDBA
David Clark Company Inc.