[windows2000] Microsoft Licensing Program in W2K

  • From: CSchwab@xxxxxxxx
  • To: windows2000@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 21 May 2003 08:05:33 -0400

        I have just completed a deployment of Active Directory on new Dell
Servers. I did not migrate any of the old Windows NT accounts. I did move
the old (NON-PDB/BDC) servers to the new domain.

        I know on Windows NT 4, the licences manager had a bug where users
log-on that were deleted still came back in the count of users even though
the account was deleted and the records cleared (Revoked) in the manger
itself. It was then documented that they would return on a reboot. From
where, no one seemed to know.

        So when I deployed the new Active Directory on new servers with
new accounts, I was surprised that these accounts as far back as 1999
started to show up again. What's worst this time is that all the child
domains are also showing these accounts yet these accounts were never on
those systems.

        Does anyone know how to clean this up?

Thanks

Clint