[windows2000] Messenger service reverts to manual startup

  • From: "Ray at work" <listray@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <windows2000@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 15 Oct 2004 11:56:22 -0400

Hi list,

There is one computer in the domain here, Windows 2000 SP4, that every time
it is rebooted, the messenger service reverts back to a manual startup
setting.  I go in and I change the startup to automatic, but sure enough on
reboot, it's back to manual.  There are no policies setup in the domain
about the messenger service, and best I can tell, there is nothing different
about this computer when compared to the 800 other computers in the domain
that have messenger set to automatic.  Any thoughts on this?

Thank you

Ray Costanzo
Harleysville National Bank
Information Systems