[windows2000] Re: Mailproxy for filtering spam?

  • From: Rob Sharp <rob@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: windows2000@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 03 Dec 2004 13:55:05 +0000

Dunno what that client is, but POPFile ( http://popfile.sourceforge.net/ ) will work with any POP mail account. It's filtering only, no black lists, but after a bit of training its very accurate!

I do believe this is the one I was thinking of. However I thought
it could update itself with blacklists etc. Anyway, I'll check it
out to see if it will fit my needs. Thx for the hint!

I use one called K9 . From memory the web address for it is something like http://www.keirsoft.com (my browser access is down at the moment but if you were to do a Google search for 'K9 Keir' you would find it)

It works in a similar fashion to Popfile, but it can also check against
a few blacklists when categorising mail. Mine is running at approx 99.5%
accuracy.

Rob