[windows2000] Re: MSI Installer Error

  • From: "Timothy Mangan" <tmangan@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <windows2000@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 19 Nov 2003 09:35:36 -0500

1) Since you are using Citrix, you are on a terminal server.  So you must
install any office 2000 app using an MST file, which you can get from the MS
website.  If that is not what you meant, you need to go back and do that.

2) Performance can be lots of things.  If you installed Win2kSP4 there are
patches you need (mostly logon/off performance issues).

As was suggested, you should take this to TheThin.net board, as there are
many more people over there with TS experience.  Be specific on the app, OS
(including service packs), and Citrix versions.

Timothy R. Mangan  - Founder, TMurgent Technologies
tmangan@xxxxxxxxxxxx  www.tmurgent.com  (+1)781.492.0403

Date:           11/14/2003
Time:           1:37:12 PM
User:           N/A
Computer:       CITRIX2
Detection of product '{00010409-78E1-11D2-B60F-006097C998E7}', feature
'OfficeUserData', component '{C9AF9050-C8BE-11D1-9C67-0000F81F1B38}' failed.
The resource
'HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office\9.0\Common\UserData' does not
exist.

http://www.messagelabs.com