[windows2000] Re: MS06-013 and Win 98

  • From: "Sorin Srbu" <sorin.srbu@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <windows2000@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 16 May 2006 14:34:00 +0200

We're like that here too. Over the years our server rooms has somehow
transformed into a cornucopia of obsolete, but working, hardware repository -
you never know when you're going to need an old AT-type PSU, or the odd 2GB hd
or whatever Mac or first-generation pentium... I've used some of the older
P1/133 for building firewall appliances with mainly Smoothwall softs. We also
have old P3/500-boxes running NT4 and multimillion-SEK analytical instruments
in mission-critial setups... So I know exactly whereof you speaketh. 8-)

Besides, the best recycling method is to actually reuse old hardware, not
tossing it in the garbage. Unless they're irreparable broken, in which case
you can scavenge still working parts. 8-)

How do you practically convert a useless old win9x-box to a
TS-client/surfstation? Any particular procedure?

  _____