[windows2000] Link Picks of the week

  • From: "Jim Kenzig http://thin.net" <jimkenz@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 22 Mar 2004 09:56:17 -0500

I picked this link up off of the Windows .Net magazine FAQ newsletter and
thought it was pretty good.

This is to Bill James Microsoft MVP web page.
http://billsway.com/notes%5Fpublic/winxp%5Ftweaks/

On this page is a VBS script that you can use in Windows 2000/XP
(WinXP-2K_pagefile.zip) that will let you know how much page file you are
using and what it is set to.  Just a handy dandy vbs script.

Bill also has a VBS script page with a few pretty good and useful VBS
scripts on it at http://billsway.com/vbspage/

Another cool utility is Mcaffee Stinger.  A quick and dirty tool to scan and
remove certain common viruses.
   http://us.mcafee.com/virusInfo/default.asp?id=stinger

Finally some of you may not be aware of this downloads page at Microsoft for
Windows 2003 server utilities.  There is a new RDP client linked also on
this page:
    http://www.microsoft.com/windowsserver2003/downloads/tools/default.mspx

And that the entire Windows 2003 resource kit is free and available at:

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=9D467A69-57FF-4AE7-
96EE-B18C4790CFFD&displaylang=en

Regards,
Jim Kenzig