[windows2000] Re: Internet explorer 6

  • From: "Bernd Harzog" <Bernd.Harzog@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <windows2000@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 10 Jul 2004 07:22:15 -0400

You have a rouge process that is putting a rouge dll into iexplore.exe that is
resetting your home page when you launch IE.

To fix this, download runonce from sysinternals.com and run it. It will show
you all of the things that are being started when your computer starts. You
will find a dos program in system32. Go there and check its properties. If it
is not from a vendor you recognize (Microsoft, your virus vendor, etc) delete
it. Now download process explorer from sysinternals.com and use it to look at
the dlls loaded by IE. If you see any that are from an <unknown> vendor, go
find them in rename them, and if IE still loads normally after that delete them.

Bernd Harzog
CEO
RTO Software, Inc.
bernd.harzog@xxxxxxxxxxx