[windows2000] Internet Connection Firewall by GPO

  • From: Anthony Abraham <AABRAHAM@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'windows2000@xxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <windows2000@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 5 May 2004 10:27:37 +1000

Eduardo

Funny you asked that question.  Im looking for the exact same thing.  You
cannot use GP to enable ICF in XP SP1.  In SP2, ICF is enabled by default
and there are GPO entries you can use to control the firewall.  The only
thing Ive found on the net is a VBS script that enables the firewall (for
SP1).  However this doesn't help if you want to configure the firewall.  Im
yet to find out where the firewall parameters live (for customisations).
Ive checked the registry and filesystem and cannot find anything.

Does anyone out there remotely manage firewall settings????

Anthony

Msg: #2 in digest
From: "Freitas, Eduardo" <Eduardo.Freitas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [windows2000] Internet Connection Firewall by GPO
Date: Tue, 4 May 2004 07:48:41 -0500

Hello All,

How can I turn on Internet Connection Firewall by group policy? How can I
set up advanced settings using GPO?

Regards

Eduardo
NOTICE
The information in this email and or any of the attachments may contain;
a. Confidential information of Credit Union Services Corporation (Australia)
Limited (CUSCAL) or third parties; and or
b. Legally privileged information of CUSCAL or third parties; and or
c. Copyright material of CUSCAL or third parties.
If you are not an authorised recipient of this email, please contact CUSCAL
immediately by return email or by telephone on 61-2-8299 9000 and delete the
email from your system.
We do not accept any liability in connection with computer virus, data
corruption, interruption or any damage generally as a result of transmission of
this email.