[windows2000] Re: ISA Server ... Help

  • From: "Fernando Monteiro" <fmonteiro@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: windows2000@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 12 Sep 2002 16:32:07 GMT

Hello, Chris !

> I am having trouble finishing off the configuration of ISA Server.  I
> have Exchange working but cannot access OWA externally (OWA is hosted on
> a different server to ISA but the same server as Exchange).  I have
> followed the instructions given in the MS whitepaper but have had no
> success.

Mail configuration is working (POP, SMTP) ?? Read these articles, there is =
more info about:=20

http://itresources.brainbuzz.com/TechLibrary/GetHtml.asp?ID=3D1107&CatID=3D=
297

http://www.isaserver.org/pages/article.asp?id=3D229

I visit isaserver.org every time I have trouble with ISA Server.
=20
> I am also having trouble with the new VPN I have created.  I can browse
> the ISA computer externally and but can only ping other servers and
> computers on the network by their IP address and not by name.

It must be a DNS/WINS config problem. Try configure the internal DNS server=
s your VPN TCP/IP configurations. You can use also %systemroot%\system32\dr=
ivers\etc\hosts file, but is more recommended using the first solution.

Regards,

--
Fernando Monteiro

Linux User # 206885