[windows2000] Re: How do I get just the HP printer driver

  • From: Daniel Ensor <densor@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'windows2000@xxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <windows2000@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 14 Aug 2003 11:11:50 +0100

Hi Rod

I had to install a complex HP printer too. Follow these steps and you should
be laughing:

1. Download and unzip the package on your local pc (never on the server)
then cancel the fancy HP "I'll do the work for you stuff."

2. Share the directory which the unzip created usually c:\temp\photosmart

3. goto your TS server and go to the start\settings\printers folder

4. File \server properties then go to the drivers tab in the server
properties dialog

5. Click Add and browse to the share you made

6. the path to the driver should be
\\machine\share\enu\drivers\w2k_xp\hphp2k11.inf

7. choose the correct model and you'll be away.

Hope that helps
Cheers

Dan