[windows2000] HTML Printer Mapping

  • From: Jennifer Hooper <jennifer.hooper@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'windows2000@xxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <windows2000@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 1 Mar 2004 11:54:34 -0800

Hey guys -

    My manager wants us to put a webpage up on our Intranet that will allow
a user to click on a link:  \\printserver\printer
<file://\\printserver\printer>  and map that printer.  In theory, it works.
But when we try to publish the HTML, it won't work.  The links all get
changed to file:// and that breaks it.  Has anyone done this?   This is ON
TOP OF listing in Active Directory and using the functionality there.  Our
webmasters say there's no way to make this work.  Any help is greatly
appreciated.

Thanks,

Jennifer

Jennifer Hooper