[windows2000] Group Policy Questions and Issues...

  • From: "Daniel J. Cook" <cook@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <windows2000@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 4 Nov 2002 13:47:39 -0600

Dear Windows 2000 Freelists.org,

Hello. How are you? I hope all is well. We have been using Group Policy
for quite a while in our labs. We did not use it very extensively. We
map networks drives and printers, etc... However, this morning the VB
Script used to map network drives for user was no longer mapping or
doing its job.

It is quite strange because the script is definitely working. You can
run the script from a floppy, off the desktop, etc... and all works
fine. I am quite puzzled and what could have occurred to cause this.
Although the network drives are no longer mapped, the printers are still
mapped and working.

I am curious to know if anyone has experienced anything similar to this?
I started looking into today but have not made much progress. All
comments, questions, or suggestions would be most welcome. Thanks in
advance. Take care.

All the best,

Dan Cook