[windows2000] Exchange 2003 and WS 2003

  • From: "Ray Costanzo" <ray@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <windows2000@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 19 Feb 2008 09:03:06 -0500

So, I'm going through this annoying installation of Exchange 2003 and
finally got the point to run setup.exe from the Exchange installation
source.  Upon doing so, I am prompted with the "This program has known
compatibility issues with this operating system."  WTF?  I'm running Windows
Server 2003 R2, and on the link that is given in this error,
http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=37488, it lists 2003 R2 as one of the
required (meaning supported to me) operating systems.  So, what's going on?
This is a VMWare virtual machine, fwiw.

And for the record, I waited for Exchange 2007 to download last and intended
to install that, failing to notice it was only available in 64bit, and I'm
running 32bit.  :-/  So, Exchange 2003 is good enough for me now!

Thanks,

Ray Costanzo