[windows2000] E-Mail filtering (was ...

  • From: Jim.Walls@xxxxxxx
  • To: windows2000@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 8 Mar 2004 11:27:26 -0800

Let me try this again...
There must be something that Notes does not like about that.  this time, I
have saved the text as dumb text using Notepad, then opened it back up with
WordPad and pasted it here....  Let's see if thsi works...

Let me try this again...

"Berger, Gunnar" <GBerger@...> said:
> Or how about instead of creating a black list of emails we create a white
list
> of email addresses that are allowed to come through.  Any email not on
the
> list is put in Junkmail then is scanned for spam, if it is not spam it
tells you
> "X messages in unapproved folder, X messages considered spam"

Several systems are available to do just this.  Generally the way they work
is that if the sender is not in the recipients address book, the message
will either be shuffled to a folder for review.  In the case of challenge /
response systems, the system will send an E-Mail back to the sender
requesting that they identify themselves.  If they do so, the text of that
message will go to the recipient with a request to approve or deny that
address.  I have Earthlink as my home ISP and they offer that as part of
what they call SpamBlocker.  Works pretty well.  Have not quite figured out
how to handle mailing lists however where it really needs to be able to
understand that anything sent via the list is OK.  Still working on that
one...

Jim Walls - K6CCC
k6ccc@xxxxxxxxx
Mobile Radio Operations