[windows2000] Download Pick of the week PE2Usb

  • From: "Jim Kenzig http://ThinHelp.com" <jkenzig@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, windows2000@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 6 Nov 2006 19:02:03 -0800 (PST)

This weeks download pick is pretty cool. Perusing sourceforge while reading up
on the new Windows PE 2.0,  I found this one. Make a bootable USB Key using
your BartPe or WinPE builder.

  PeToUSB is a Win32 GUI application for formatting and making bootable, USB
Flash Memory Drives and USB HardDisks and optionally copying the output from a
successful BartPE/WinPE build to the device. There are options to
backup/restore the MBR on a device? Get it at:

  http://sourceforge.net/projects/petousb/

  All disclaimers apply..what you use it for is your business.  I can think of
some interesting uses though. ; )

Jim Kenzig
    Microsoft MVP - Terminal Services
  Citrix Technology Professional