[windows2000] Re: Disk Images

  • From: "Sorin Srbu" <sorin.srbu@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <windows2000@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 2 Nov 2006 12:19:01 +0100

Rob Sharp <> wrote on Thursday, November 02, 2006 11:50 AM:

I've run G4U on dissimilar hardware, including bigger sized new hd, and it
worked ok.

I think I've also tried creating a clone on an intel chipset based mobo and
then moving the cloned hd to a via chipset based mobo. It requires a bit of
tweaking before the clone is made though. I recall doing a sysprep first on
the clonee first, so that the sysprepped hd will identify the hardware
properly on the clone afterwards.