[windows2000] Disk Full Error - Another scenario

  • From: "Tim Olig" <timo@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <windows2000@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 30 Sep 2004 09:51:04 -0500

Last week I posted a message about a problem we were having with getting a Disk
Full error when trying to save a file.  It turned out to be a problem with
Mcafee 8.0 and our Veritas backup agent.  Unfortunately, we had to remove both
programs from the server to fix the problem.  We are still working on trying to
solve that issue.

This morning we startng getting the messge on our main AD server(W2K).  Here is
a little history on this server.  Last week we loaded Mcafee 8.0 and it started
causing the server to reboot after about 5 minutes.  Loaded a patch from Mcafee
and still had the problem.  Completely removed the virusscan software and
problem went away.  Last night we installed Directory Replication Services and
this morning noone could save anything to that server (they got the Disk is
Full error).  They could not save Excel, Word, or even SolidWorks files.
Completely removed the DRS and rebooted the server and problem went away.  We
are at the point of thinking that the Mcafee 8.0 install still has some
registry entries that might be causing a problem with DRS and are probably just
going to have to rebuild the server.

Has anyone else encountered any problems like this or have any thoughts as to
where to begin looking?

Timothy J. Olig
Information Technology Team Leader
Mid-States Aluminum Corp - Where Creative Solutions Take Shape
Direct Phone    920-926-7230
Direct Fax      920-922-1663
E-Mail          timo@xxxxxxxxxxx
Website www.midstal.com