[windows2000] Dictionary files

  • From: "Sorin Srbu" <sorin.srbu@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <windows2000@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 2 Oct 2007 09:10:58 +0200

Hi all,

I recently had the pleasure(?) of getting into brute fore-cracking of
passwords due to a user of mine who'd forgotten the password he set on a
word-document.

Looking around on the web, I found a program aptly called "Free Word Excel
Password Recovery Wizard", available on
<http://www.freewordexcelpassword.com/index.php>.

The archive supplies a dictionary file for speeding up the cracking, but isn't
very comprehensive. On the web page I got the cracker from, they supply a link
to a bigger commercial dictionary as well, but I'm rather cheap... 8-]

My question to you guys, is whether any of you would know where to get a
*free* nice and big dictionary to use for future dictionary attacks on eg word
docs?

TIA.

--

BW,

Sorin

# Sorin Srbu, Systems Engineer  Web: http://www.orgfarm.uu.se
# Dept of Medicinal Chemistry,  Phone: +46 (0)18-4714482 >3 signals> GSM
# Div of Org Pharm Chem,                Mobile: +46 (0)701-718023
# Box 574, Uppsala University,  Fax: +46 (0)18-4714482
# SE-751 23 Uppsala, Sweden     Visit: BMC, Husargatan 3, D5:512b
#
# ()  ASCII ribbon campaign - Against html E-mail
# /\
#
# Harmless tagline follows:
#
# Email messages are supposed to be text, thank you very much. Text. Only
text. If God had intended for email to be written in HTML, then the
traditional signoff of prayers would be </amen>.