[windows2000] Copy & Paste sysvol directory -- Mistake

  • From: "Tom Erdely" <te@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <windows2000@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 2 Jan 2003 14:56:02 +0100

One of my employees, in an effort to do a quick backup of one of our
customers sysvol directories, copied it from C:\WINNT\SYSVOL to
E:\SYSVOL.  Now, because it was a juncition point, all replication and
activity occurs in both places causing twice the server load.  I want to
delete the instance on E:, either by doing a command line erase, or
using the resource kit utility delrp.exe, but I can't find much
information about them, and don't want to have the delete occur in both
places.  Anyone know of a way to get rid of the SYSVOL instance on E:
without affecting the instance on C:\WINNT?

I have verified that in the registry, SYSVOL is only referencing
C:\WINNT\SYSVOL.  This is a known problem, and I can only find
information on Technet telling you not to do it, but no solution if you
do do it.

Thanks,

Tom Erdely
Unitron as