[windows2000] Re: Cant remove Pest

  • From: "Jim Kenzig http://thethin.net" <jimkenz@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: windows2000@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 14 Jan 2004 09:04:40 -0500

Did you check add remove programs in the control panel to see if it showed
up there and try and remove it? You didn't mention that you looked there. I
would try the free Spybot search and destroy which I use in conjunction with
adaware and usually I can get rid of all these nasties between the two. Be
sure and do an update first after you install it to get the latest pattern
file.
The Spybot website to download it is at:
http://www.safer-networking.org/index.php?page=download

Regards,
Jim Kenzig
http://thethin.net