[windows2000] Another question as a consequence of my class

  • From: "Rod Falanga" <rfalanga@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <WINDOWS2000@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 25 Nov 2002 12:17:49 -0700

Having completed my 2154 class, I want to try and make some changes to =
the way things have been setup by my previous boss.  We have 7 Windows =
2000 servers.  (Our network is in native mode.)  One thing he did was =
make 5 of them into domain controllers.  I asked in the class and my =
instructor suggested that 5 domain controllers for a small shop like =
ours, was unreasonable.  (I'm not sure why my former boss did that, but =
he did.) =20

However, I do believe that my former boss did try to demo one or two of =
them from being DC's, but ran into problems doing so.

This leads to the question: are there certain services or applications =
which MUST be run on a Windows 2000 domain controller?  Like Exchange =
Server 2000?  Or IIS?  Or VPN?=20

=A0
Rod Falanga
http://amci.unm.edu