[windows2000] Re: Active Directory Problem

  • From: "Chris Berry" <compjma@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: windows2000@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 11 Aug 2003 13:17:15 -0700

From: Eduardo Freitas <eduardofreitas@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Im having a big problem... I have only one DC right now and something bad
happened.
LSASS.EXE - System Error, security accounts manager initialization failed
because of the following error: Directory Service cannot start. Error
status 0xc00002e1.

Uh, that's bad, oh wait you wanted help, hehe. Look here, that's your exact message:

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb%3Ben-us%3B258062

Please click OK to shutdown this system and reboot into directory
services restore mode, check the event log for more detailed information.
I checked the permissions on the directories d:\winnt\ntds and
c:\winnt\ntds and everything seems fine....

Ok, that's good.

I tried demoting the server but that did not worked as the only way to
boot was through safe mode - active directory restoration mode

I don't think you want to do that, you'll vaporize your LDAP entries.

Have you added hardware recently? Did you check the registry key?

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\NTDS\Parameters

Have you tried a scandisk?

Chris Berry
compjma@xxxxxxxxxxx
Systems Administrator
JM Associates

"Q: How many software engineers does it take to change a lightbulb ?
A: It can't be done; it's a hardware problem."