[windows2000] Re: AD installation

  • From: "Ron Leach" <rleach@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <windows2000@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 1 May 2003 06:25:47 -0400

-----Original Message-----
From: windows2000-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:windows2000-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx]On Behalf Of Chris Berry
Sent: Wednesday, April 30, 2003 9:08 PM
To: windows2000@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [windows2000] Re: AD installation

Thanks for the info Chris.  I'll let you know how it turns out.

-

This is a common problem, basically AD refuses to install without a=20
connection to a hub or switch (essentially saying hey, I'm not connected =
to=20
a network, you don't need this).  All you have to do is install the=20
microsoft loopback adapter, and everything is kosher.  (remember to =
remove=20
the loopback adapter when you're done.)  See the following MS article =
for=20
more details 271750.  (Damnit, I still miss the darn Q)

Chris Berry
compjma@xxxxxxxxxxx
Systems Administrator
JM Associates

"Without change, something sleeps inside us, and seldom awakens.  The=20
sleeper must awaken." -- Duke Leto Atreides