[windows2000] 2 users-same group... different functional permissions

  • From: "Chris Ruggeri" <cruggeri@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <windows2000@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 18 Aug 2003 09:18:51 -0600

Hi all,

Have a weird problem I really have not been able to find any information on.
Our application is a legacy application, which requires permissions granted
to files and registry entries in order for domain users to run the app.

 We recently found @ one agency access to our application can be gained by
some domain users and not others. Their network admin tells us there is no
difference between the users involved. We have created a few new accounts
and they all have access that we would expect. So far, the only difference I
can see in new vs old is the time they were created.

 With the number of accounts that would need to be recreated on the server,
hoping maybe someone out here has some other suggestions or ideas as to what
may be happening. Searches @ google and technet produced nothing I saw
relevant to what we are experiencing.

 Thanks in advance for any ideas/suggestions with this issue.

Chris