[windows-2000] Need help: installing VB app on Win2000 network

  • From: "Rogier van de Pol" <r.vandepol@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: windows-2000@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 11 Nov 2002 10:13:02 +0100

Hi all,

I really need some help on this issue: we try to install a VB app on an
Win2K network. This network has two domains. We install the app logged
in on a domain as an administrator. The app works fine then for this
account. However, when I log on as a different user (even an account
with administrator rights), the app doesn't work. It gives an error:
ActiveX control cannot create object when the app tries to access an
Access database. I use DAO in the app to connect to the database. What
could be causing this, and what can I do to make it work for other
users? I can't install the app under a differen account. Could it be
caused by the fact that I log on to the domain to install the app, and
afterwards try to log on as a local user for Win2K?

Thanx,
Rogier