[wincue] WinCue v1.40 Beta Is Out!

  • From: Anders Sandvig <anders@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: wincue@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 17 Nov 2003 09:52:32 -0800

            W I N C U E  A N N O N C E M E N T  N E W S L E T T E R

                           N O V E M B E R  2 0 0 3

Table Of Contents
-----------------
   1. WinCue v1.Beta Is Out!
   2. What's New In WinCue v1.40 Beta?
   3. Site Update
   4. Developers Needed

WinCue v1.40 Beta Is Out!
-------------------------
Finally, it's here! The first official release of the new open source version
of WinCue. The most feature-packed version ever, and this time with full
source code available! (You don't have to compile it yourself of course, a
regular installer .exe is available as usual.) Go download it right away:

   http://www.wincue.org/

If you are looking for the source code distribution it is now available for
download from:

   http://www.sf.net/projects/wincue/

Since this is a beta release it may not be as stable as the previous non-beta
releases, but I still encourage you to try it out if you feel comfortable with
running beta software. This version has been tried and tested for several
weeks before being released to the public, so I expect it to work very well
for the most of you.

If you encounter any problems with instaling or running this beta version
please don't hesitate to e-mail me (anders@xxxxxxxxxx). Please also report any
bugs you find by sending an e-mail to bugs@xxxxxxxxxxx

What's New In WinCue v1.40 Beta?
--------------------------------
Here's a list of what's new in this release:

   - WinCue is now GPL! Check http://sf.net/projects/wincue for more details.

   - New feature: ID3v1.0/v1.1 and v2.0 tags are now supported, as well as file
     format info such as MPEG version and layer, bitrate, song length, etc.
     (though only for mp3 files at the moment).

   - New feature: File info research is now done in the background. This
     results in the Media Library loading much faster, as only the filenames
     are scanned when initially loading the library. The song info will then be
     updated as it becomes available.

   - Searching is now *much* faster than before. Searching a playlist of
     100,000+ entries now typically takes a few seconds insetad of a few
     minutes on my P3-600Mhz! :)

   - Track info guessing is now done from a list of user-configurable regular
     expressions. Look at Plugins\wincue\filename_formats.txt in your Winamp
     folder to see what it's all about. (Note: You do not need to know anything
     about regular expressions to use the track info guessing.)

   - Added option to set keyboard focus on Winamp window at startup.

   - Added option to show track length in search list.

   - Added option to show track info tooltips in search list.

   - Added option to reverse sort order for Media Libray when automatic sorting
     at load is enabled.

   - Added date & time as sort criterias for search list.

   - Added option to copy Winamp's playlist at startup.

   - Added option to clear Winamp's playlist on exit.

   - Removed old file info dialog in favour of a more general text view.

   - Redesigned parts of the Options dialog and shuffled some options around.
     Hopefully things are better arranged now.

   - Fixed(?) problem with AutoCue not being very random. This fix needs some
     testing, so please check and see if the problem is still present.

   - Fixed a problem with Clear & Cue.

   - Fixed a problem with saving/restoring font settings.

   - Fixed problem with not being able to scroll back to the top of the search
     list with the mouse wheel.

   - Fixed a bug causing playlist entries to be overwritten when cueing
     multiple tracks after current. (Cue As Next with multiple selection.)

   - Fixed problem with selection color not being skinned in the search list.

   - Fixed crash problem with scrollbar.

   - Fixed problem with caching of Media Libray not working when HOME or
     USERPROFILE environment variables contained paths to non-existing folders.

   - Note: The documentation is not updated for this beta release.

Site Update
-----------
In all the excitement about the new beta release I felt an urge to clean up
the web site as well, and so I did. The new site is hopefully neater, slicker,
faster and easier to use than the old one. Hope you like the change, and if
not, please let me know ;) Go check it out:

   http://www.wicue.org/

Developers Needed
-----------------
Are you interested in participating in the WinCue project and become a
developer? We are currently looking for talented C++ programmers to help us
make the WinCue plug-in even better. There are many areas of the project in
which we need assistance, so please don't hesitate to contact me at
anders@xxxxxxxxxx if you are interested in becoming a part of the WinCue
development team. More information about the WinCue open source project can be
found at SourceForge.net:

   http://www.sf.net/projects/wincue/

Regards

Anders Sandvig