Re: the link to down load version 5.57

  • From: "Steve Zielinski" <steveziel@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <winamp4theblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 17 Dec 2009 16:07:26 -0600

I'm using window eyes 7.11.  Here is how you get the 5.57 player.

Go to: www.winamp.com/player

On that page you will find this text after lots of jibberish above it. If memory serves, you can jumpt to this text with the header "h" command.

The text reads:

Winamp Standard
FREE
File size: 10.3 MB
Include MP3 Bundle (File Size 15.7 MB) (checkbox unchecked)
MP3 Bundle Track Listing
1. Cozza Frenzy (Featuring Seasunz) - by Bassnectar
2. Measure - by Field Music
3. Astrocoast - by Surfer Blood
4. Don't Haunt This Place - by The Rural Alberta Advantage
5. Another Horizon - by Nite Jewel
View list of bundled MP3's
free download

The graphic is the phrase "free download".

Find that phrase with normal reading keys, then route your mouse to it with insert-numpadplus, that is hold down the insert key and press the numpad plus key. The mouse will route to the graphic.

Now use the mouse left click key by pressing /the slash button above the numpad 8 on the keypad.

If the download doesn't start automatically read on. However, you may find the save and cancel and run buttons by using the regular up and down arrow keys on the keyboard. This is strange behavior, but it might work.

If the download doesn't start automatically, you will find this phrase on the next page, after you used the mouse left click key.

Download Winamp Media Player 5.57
Thank you for downloading the Standard Winamp 5.57 Media Player.
Player should start downloading automatically. If the download does not start,
click here

With window eyes 7.11, that "click here" phrase is a link, so just press enter on it.

So in summary,

Find the graphic free download, and check or uncheck the box about free tracks. Route the mouse with insert-plus command and left click with the key above the numpad 8. You may find the save, run, and cancel buttons with regular up and down arrows, this is odd behavior however. If you do, press space bar or enter on the save button. If you don't find these buttons, then click on the phrase click here, to start the download.

Hope this helps.
Steve

----- Original Message ----- From: "Casey" <cwollner@xxxxxxxxx>