oddcast 3.0.4 DSP plugin help

  • From: "Peter Vágner" <pv@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: winamp4theblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 27 Feb 2005 22:25:05 +0100

Hi all
I am new in here but I think I know winamp verry well. This message is
mainly for the broadcasters which have experienced oddcast DSP v3 from
www.oddsock.org Oddsock has also made an accessible edition of oddcast v2
but now when v3 is released there is no need to differentiate between these
editions. I see this plugin verry usefull. It is nice replacement for
shoutcast DSP which most of us are using succesfully but this one supports
OGG vorbis streaming as well. And OGG vorbis is the thing that makes this
plugin better for me than shoutcast DSP is.
So once again: I need help using oddcast v3 winamp 3.0.4 with winamp 5.05
installed. I cant get live recording to work. I have configured icecast2
server with OGG stream.
While I am recording from DSP as the bottom line of main oddcast window says
everithing goes perfectly but when I am trying live recording it broadcasts
nothing. I have enabled the checkbox next to the microphone icon in the main
window, the Stereo Mix and its volume to 100 % are set properly too. I have
looked for setting the proper recording device in the config window for each
displayed encoder but I cant find no option here. In the configuration file
there is text:
snippet
#
#If recording from linein, what device to use (not needed for win32)
(example: /dev/dsp)
#
AdvRecDevice=/dev/dsp
end snippet
so this is not setting for windows operating systems. I have windows
millenium with creative audiopci ess 1371,1373 WDM sound drivers installed.
I dont know what am I doing wrong. Can anyone help me get into streaming
please? I hope I have provided all the informations that might affect this
problem. I would really appreciate the help. I have posted such a question
in oddsock forum so if they will reply sooner than some one here I will
share the results... sure.
Big thanks for your list..

PV