Re: new version

  • From: Chris Skarstad <toonhead5@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: winamp4theblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 06 May 2005 14:54:23 -0500

Hi Pam
Well, it's true, DJC did send a message to the list saying that by default,
all the options in the setup are checked by default. this is correct. but
pressing the space bar unchecks these options.  I've said this before and
I'll say it again. I think half the problem stems from people having their
screenreader going so fast that they don't have enough time to really
listen to what the speech is saying. If people would only slow down, search
the screen and do a little research as to what's going on, they would
better be able to figure out what's going on and then be able to make the
appropriate choice. I've seen more than one instance where the modern skin
in selected during setup, and if you really pay attention, you get not 1,
but 2, count 'em, 2 chances folks, to make sure that the modern skin isn't
selected during install. Once in the initial instalation, and once again in
the skin selection dialogue.  So in this case, hitting next really quickly
through the setup screens could cause a lot more problems.
I really don't mean to offend anyone, but when you've been around as long
as I have and if you see how things turn out, you can kind of tell what
might be happening. Now if, for some strange reason,there is someone who
did pay complete atttention to what was going on and still had problems,
well that's something else entirely. However, if you don't pay close
attention at times, bad stuff can happen.