Re: help

  • From: "Marty Rimpau" <mrimpau@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "winamp4theblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <winamp4theblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 06 May 2007 21:04:59 -0700

Hi Dan, I don't know about the latest version of winamp, but in winamp
5.13, just open up winamp, and go to preferences with control p, then
press the letter p for plugins, and if it says plugins closed, then
press the right arrow to expand this part of the tree-view, and then
press the letter o for output plugin, and then tab twice to the list of
plugins, and there will be a list of the output plugins on your system,
and the one you want is the nullsoft waveout plugin, which should be
the first on the list, just press the space bar on this plugin, and it
will be selected, then tab over to the configure button, and press the
space bar.  In the configuration dialog, two check boxes should be
checked, and they are, enable volume control, and alt settings method,
slow, so if both these check boxes are not checked, press the space bar
to check them, and then tab to the close button, and press the space
bar, and then winamp's volume can be controlled with the up and down
arrows, independent of speech.  Hope this helps you.
--Original Message Text---
From: Dan Mccurley
Date: Sun, 6 May 2007 19:41:54 -0600

Can anyone tell me how to set my winamp so that the up and down arrows
control the volume level?  thanks muchly,

Dan

Marty