Winamp not playing files correctly

  • From: "stever2525" <stever2525@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <winamp4theblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 27 Jul 2005 17:03:21 -0700

I will try to explain this problem. It may sound a bit tedious, but hang in there with me.
I tried to fix the following problem with a reinstall to an earlier version of Winamp which didn't originally have the problem.
I think these two problems have something to do with each other. When I put a CD in to play, which is CDA, after the first second of the song plays, Winamp stops for about a half a second, then starts again where it left off. If I go to the next track, the same thing. If I pause during a track and then play, this does not occur, only at the beginning.
Now here is another problem, which makes me think these are related. If I am playing a file from my hard drive, it will play perfectly, but if I press (shift v) to stop with fade, it does that, but at the last instant, it plays a quick blip of the file at regular volume. This also happens with a CD playing any type of file. It must be a setting somewhere or something. Please help, thank you.