Winamp 5.91 is now available

  • From: Chris Skarstad <toonhead5@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: winamp4theblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 19 May 2005 17:29:05 -0500

                        Hi folks
Figured I'd be the first one to announce this one. As the subject line=20
suggests, we have a new version of Winamp available. It does fix the=20
control plus b crash reported in the 5.09 version.
Well, here's the full information on what's new.

List of 15 items
=95 New: DRM WMA Playback supports out_wave
=95 New: Non-DRM WMA Playback allows any output plugin
=95 New: Community Picks AVS Preset Pack
=95 New: Windows Media Audio Ripping/Encoding
=95 New: Deletes in the Media Library now move files to the Recycle Bin
=95 New: NSV Subtitles can be disabled on the fly
=95 Fixed: gen_ml shutdown bug
=95 Fixed: Easy Move of video window back to normal
=95 Fixed: Pause in WMA playback memory leak
=95 Fixed: Multi-monitor full screen video
=95 Fixed: Drag and Drop in playlist editor
=95 Fixed: Drag and Drop on Winamp
=95 Fixed: Now Playing update on song change
=95 Fixed: Media Library/Windows Media scanning errors
=95 Fixed: Stay in fullscreen/Config mismatch
list end
As ever, it's available on my site, and you can download it from

http://www.toonhead-online.com/winamp5091_full_hawthorne_emusic-7plus.exe

Since we've already discussed upgrading procedures with the 5.09 release I=
=20
won't go into them here. Y'all should know how it goes by now.
as ever, this isn't a mandatory update,  so don't feel compelled to upgrade=
=20
just because a new version is out. I remember a few folks were having=20
trouble with Winamp trying to dial up to the net if you have a modem. I'm=20
not sure if that was fixed in this version so you'll have to see for=20
yourself on that one. Just remember, if you do upgrade, pay! attention! to=
=20
what your screen reader is trying to tell you. Life will be a lot better=20
for everyone involved if you slow down, and actually read the instalation=20
screen before clicking thaat next button. If you just accept the default=20
settings, you'll have problems.  Well, as I said, it's out now, so  have=20
fun with it.
If you're sticking to the 5.09 or earlier version, that's cool too.